BioSynergy L-Carnosine supplement is made from the highest quality raw materials with guaranteed potency.
Serving size: 1 Vcap®
Servings Per Container: 100
|One Capsule Provides:||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|L-Carnosine (ß-alanyl-L-histidine)||500 mg||*|
|*Daily value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Cellulose (capsule), Stearic Acid (vegetable source) and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source).
Contains no: sugar, salt, starch, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, milk, egg, shellfish or preservatives. Vegetarian/Vegan Product.
Suggested usage: As a dietary supplement, take 1 Vcap® 1 to 2 times daily, preferably with meals. Consider taking this product in combination with BioSynergy BioEndurance and NAC.
Vcaps® is a registered trademark of Capsugel.
L-carnosine is classified as a dipeptide, which is a combination of two amino acids, alanine and histadine. It naturally occurs in high concentrations in muscle tissue, and therefore may support muscle vitality. Carnosine is also an antioxidant and anti-glycation that stabilizes cellular membranes, protecting them from damage by free radicals.
L-carnosine is found primary in red meat but at only 250 mg per average meat portion and then it is rapidly degraded in the body so it doesn’t last long enough for sustained benefits. Supplementation with 1,000 mg a day of carnosine overwhelms the carnosine enzyme, enabling one to maintain consistent blood levels of this critical nutrient.
L-carnosine levels decrease with age, especially in muscle, which may help contribute to a reduction in muscle mass and function in aging humans.
Some additional findings from past and present L-Carnosine research:
Shortened Telomeres Associated with Early Mortality
In a 19 year human study, telomere length was found to decrease with age in both men and women. Shortened telomeres were detected in 25% of the participants, and were associated with a 49% adjusted increase in heart attack risk, a 24% increased risk of heart disease, and a 25% greater risk of early mortality.
Ar Tetioscler Thromb Vase Biol. 2012 Mar:32:822-9
Carnosine for Longevity
In our youth, carnosine helps to protect us from damaging oxidation, glycation, DNA damage, and other physiological reactions that cause harm to tissues and organs.10 As we grow older, carnosine levels in the body decline,11-13 leaving us vulnerable to age-related mental and physical difficulties, illness and disease.14-20
1. Hipkiss AR, Brownson C, Carrier MJ. Carnosine, The anti-aging, anti-oxidant dipeptide, may react with protein carbonyl groups. Mech Ageing Dev. 2001Sep15;122(13):1431-45.
2. Nagai K, Niijima A, Yamamoto T, et al. Possible role of L-carnosine in the regulation of blood glucose through controlling autonomic nerves. Exp Biol Med. 2003Nov;228(10):1138-45
3. Korobov VN, Mausisio RB, Mukalov IO, Stvolinski SI. Carnosine stabilization of the normal erythrocyte membranes and in experimental diabetes. Patol Fizio Eksp Ter. 2000 Apr-June(2):13-5
4. Lee YT, C C, Lin MH, Liu KS, Yin MC. Histadine and carnosine delay diabetic deterioration in mice and protect human LDL against oxidation and glycation. Eur J Pharmacol. 2005Apr18;513(1-2):145-50
5. Saverhofer S, Yuan G, Braun GS, et al. L-carnosine a substrate of carnosinase-1, influences glucose metabolism. Diabetes 2007Oct;56(10):2425-32
6. Son DO, Satsu H, Kiso Y, Shimizu M. Characterization of carnosine uptake and its physiological function in human intertinal epithelial Caco-2 cells. Biofactors 2004;21(104):295-8
7. Chuang CH, Hu ML. L-carnosine inhibits metastasis of SK-Hep-1 cells by inhibition of matrix metaoprotinase-9 expression and induction of an antimetastatic gene, nm23-H1. Nutr. Cancer 2008;60(4):526-33
8. Shao L, Li QH, Tan Z. L-carnosine reduces telomere damage and shortening rate in cultured normal bibroblasts.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004Nov12;324(2):931-6
9. Babizhayev MA, Yegorov YE. Telomere attrition in lens epithelial cells – a target for N-acetylcarnosine therapy. Front Biosci. 2010;15:934-56
10.IntJ Biochem Cel lBiol. 1998 Aug;30(8):863-8
11.Biochemistry (Mosc). 2001 Oct;66(10):1157-63
12.Antioxidant Redox Signal. 2009 Nov;11(11):2759-75
13.Amino Acids.2011 Apr;40(4):1221-9
14.McFarland GA, Holliday R. Retardation of the senescence ofcultured human diploid fibrolbasts by carnosine. Exp Cell Res. 1994 Jun;212(2):167-75
15.McFarland GA, Holliday R. Further evidence for the rejuvenating effects of the dipeptide L-canosine on cultured human diploid fibroblasts. Exp Gerontol. 1999 Jan;34(1):35-45
16.Snell TW, Fields AM, Johnston RK. Antioxidants can extend lifespan of Brachionus manjavacas (Rotifera), but only in a few combinations. Biogerontology. 2012 Jan 24.
17.Yuneva AO, Kramarenko GG, Vetreshchak TV, Gallant S, Boldyrev AA. Effect of carnosine on Drosophila melanogaster life span. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2002 Jun;133(6):559-61.
18.Stvolinsky S, Antipin M, Meguro K, Sato T, Abe H, Boldyrev A. Effect of carnosine and its Trolox-modified derivatives on life span of Drosophila melanogaster. Rejuvenation Res. 2010 Aug;13(4):453-7.
19.Boldyrev AA, Gallant SC, Sukhich GT. Carnosine, the protective, anti-aging peptide. Biosci Rep. 1999 Dec;19(6):581-7.
20.Gallant S, Semyonova M, Yuneva M. Carnosine as a potential anti-senescence drug. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2000 Jul;65(7):866-8.
At this time there are no clinically proven adverse side effects with L-Carnosine when used as directed. If you are taking any prescribed drugs from your physician, please check the Drug Interactions before taking this nutritional supplement.
Scroll up to add BioSynergy L-Carnosine to your cart:
*The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
All BioSynergy products are made with only the highest purity all natural raw materials in a GMP cerified facility. If for any reason you are not satisfied with a BioSynergy product, simply return the unused portion within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. No Questions asked.